The HUB Travel Grant for Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) is designed to advance and enrich the student experience at UW. This student engagement opportunity promotes the exchange of ideas and helps build a community in which students develop not only as scholars, but as well-rounded organization leaders and members. HUB Travel Grants for RSOs will enhance students’ intellectual and personal development and serve to further the goals of their groups.
Travel grand funding will make it possible for RSOs to attend programs they might be interested in but cannot otherwise afford such as:
- Regional or national affiliation chapter meetings
Travel grants may NOT be used for the following:
- Donations or contributions
- Prizes or giveaways
- Gifts or membership recognition
- Personal recognition or awards
- Financial aid or scholarships
- Legal services
- Wages, salaries or stipends
- T-shirts and clothing
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Existing organizational debt
- Alcohol, tobacco, or drugs/drug paraphernalia
- Travel credit or an academic program
- Other unapproved expenses
HUB Travel Grant Stipulations
- The maximum award amount for an RSO is $1500 per academic year
- Ground transportation (Bus, cabs, auto rental, airfare, and personal auto mileage reimbursement at UW rates)
- Lodging (Hotels, motels, hostels)
- Registration Fees (Conferences, tournaments, competitions, panel presentations, other
HUB Travel Grant Communications
HUB Travel Grants for RSO award decisions are communicated to applicants via email.
The application and selection process is ongoing. Applications must be received at least six weeks prior to the travel date. No application will be considered for funding retroactively.
- Make an appointment with the assigned SAO Adviser to have the funding request reviewed. The SAO Adviser will submit a recommendation regarding the request, followed by a confirmation email from the Travel Grant Program. Then fill out the application and download it online through RSO Community as follows:
- Log in to RSO Community
- Click on the “Student Groups” tab, select the correct RSO name
- In the “Documents” tab, download and complete the appropriate form
- In the “Budget” tab, click on the “Budget Request” tab
- Select “Submit New Budget Request,” fill out the form, click on “Add Document” and upload the completed funding request form
- Click on “Add Line Item” and enter the appropriate type/name/amount
- Click on “Save” to complete the request
- Once the application has been processed, an email will be sent confirming the application status. Please bring flyers/ads descriptions, proof of acceptance for the program, tournament, conference, or confirmation notice, participant badge, letter or email from host organization to the SAO Adviser.
- The RSO will receive a confirmation email with the amount of the award. The maximum award amount for an RSO is $1500 per academic year.
Distribution of Travel Grants
The HUB Travel Grants for RSOs is a reimbursement system. Materials are due ten (10) working days after the last day of the even/program travel. Proof of attendance (such as name badge with a logo on it, or letter from the conference confirming attendance) must be submitted along with all receipts for reimbursement. Please note: A travel report about the RSOs experience must be submitted too. (The SAO Adviser will share information about this during the initial meeting). Copies of all original receipts, as this is part of the reimbursement process, must also be submitted. Please note: Only original receipts will be used to prepare the reimbursement check(s).
Updated: September 24, 2014
Contact SAO regarding the content on this page