The HUB Lost & Found is one of several units within the HUB department.
The HUB Lost & Found serves as the central lost and found for the entire UW campus. Over 1000 lost items are processed in any given month.
The HUB Lost & Found Sale, similar to a garage sale, is held on the first Wednesday of each month. Items vary every month and are highly discounted. Past Items have included; iPods, earrings, rings, jackets, backpacks, sunglasses, and much, much more. Stop by our next sale and see what treasures you might find!
Looking for an Item?
If you have lost an item, send us a Lost & Found Inquiry and we will look through our database for you. We will make every effort to respond to you quickly.
Claiming a Lost Item
Items may only be claimed in person at the HUB Info Desk during business hours. You must have two (2) forms of identification, including one (1) photo ID, in order to claim an item. Please note that items not claimed in a timely fashion may be sold, donated or destroyed.
Lost & Found Information for UW Departments
Campus departments that receive lost and found items are encouraged to bring those items to the HUB Lost and Found as promptly as possible.
Promptness increases the chances of return to the rightful owner so it is recommended to turn in found items as soon as possible.
Submitting Items, in bulk, to the HUB Lost & Found:
- Inventory List: All Lost & Found deliveries must include a detailed inventory list. Items without an inventory list will NOT be accepted.
- Valuable Items: Items such as jewelry, bank cards, checkbooks, passports, electronics, should be separated out from clothing and other non-valuable items.
- Small Items: Please do not place small items, such as jewelry or electronics, in large plastic bags.
Items Not Accepted by the HUB Lost & Found
- Underwear, socks, towels, pillows or sheets
- Any toiletries or laundry detergent
- Bikes – Finder(s) must contact UW Police directly at 206-685-8973
- Food items
- Full water bottles, coffee commuter mugs or other liquid-filled containers
Please empty fluid containers prior to turning them into the HUB Lost & Found
Other Campus Lost & Found Resources
Although the HUB serves as the central Lost & Found for the UW Seattle Campus, there are other departments and buildings that maintain their own Lost & Found services, who may or may not forward their items to the HUB. The HUB encourages anyone looking for lost items to contact the following Lost & Found services directly: