Sara Jones, Assistant Director and Class of 2012
Tonight is the Welcome Reception for the newest class of TMMBA students. They will get to meet their study groups for the first time and pick up their reading materials and assignments for the orientation weekend. To help prepare for the journey ahead, we talked to a few current students to see what advice they have for new students or people who are considering TMMBA. Here’s what they had to say:
- View every experience as a learning opportunity. Put yourself out of your comfort zone and you will be surprised what you learned about yourself.
- Talk to family who are going to be impacted by going back to school. Set aside time to be with your family and make it a priority.
- Know what you want to do or where you want to go after TMMBA. Be conscious about it and find opportunities to gain the right experience during the program.
- Have a strong support system in place to help get you through the program.
- Seriously consider the amount of time it’s going to take. You can’t do everything, so pick your activities and be really good at time management.
- The program is a safe environment to stretch yourself. If you see an opportunity, go for it!
What would you add to this list?