(Tina Bassir, Associate Director)
The TMMBA alumni book group has been meeting quarterly for over two years, spanning topics from strategy, leadership, ethics and finance. The book group is a great opportunity for alums to dig into a business topic then gather to discuss the book in an academic setting. The events are a chance for alums to reunite with their classmates and to meet people from other TMMBA classes. In addition to connecting with classmates, they are able to reconnect with faculty. Each book group is facilitated by a Foster School faculty member. The next book group is on Sept 14 and we have selected a marketing book: “The Silver Lining: An Innovation Playbook for Uncertain Times” by Scott D. Anthony. The discussion will be guided by marketing lecturer Joe Dodson.
Are you wondering what books have been discussed at past book group meetings? Here’s the list:
- Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die
- Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make Competition Irrelevant
- Leading at the Edge: Leadership Lessons from the Extraordinary Saga of Shackleton’s Antarctic Expedition
- How Good People Make Tough Choices: Resolving the Dilemmas of Ethical Living
- In Fed We Trust: Ben Bernanke’s War on the Great Panic
- The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine
The TMMBA Alumni Book Group is just one of the many opportunities for alums to stay connected and continue learning.