In my last post, I outlined the application process. In this post, I list 10 things you need to know about submitting the eligibility letter and promissory note to the school and receiving aid.
- Check for errors in address, Social Security number, and other information about you.
- Accept or reject each form of aid listed.
- Determine how much you want to borrow.
- Make sure your award letter correctly reflects any benefits, scholarships, outside awards, and other resources you will receive or think you may receive.
- Understand your obligations as an aid recipient.
- Accept your award before the reply date.
- Financial aid will auto distribute to your student account.
- The remaining balance will be deposited in your bank account or mailed to your home.
- Check MyUW for status and follow up with the financial aid office if needed.
- TMMBA students attend during summer quarter, so you will need to complete your FAFSA and a Summer Aid Application at least 12 weeks before the start of summer quarter.
Learn more about each of these steps on the UW Office of Financial Aid website.