HOV Data Collection
Information for Observers
Part-time temporary position spring and summer 2012. Pay - $10/hr.
Must be able to:
* Work outside under all weather conditions.
* Sit on chair or stand for up to 3 hours per shift.
* Perform light lifting.
* Posess basic computer skills (data entry, e-mail, browse
* Possess valid motor vehicle operator's license. If
you have in your possession a valid driver's
license issued to you in your home state, you may operate
a motor vehicle in Washington state for a period not
to exceed six months.
* Be able to perform basic automobile maintenance such as fueling the vehicle, changing tires, adding essential fluids when necessary and keeping the car clean.
* Be comfortable driving on Puget Sound area freeways.
* Have an excellent driving record.
* Posess effective English verbal and written communication
* Ability to follow directions and work well
* Posess a safe automobile to transport self and team members to and from job site. Mileage is reimbursed.
* High school graduate with some college preferred.
* Observe freeway traffic while sitting on a folding
chair or standing on sidewalk of freeway overpasses.
* Collect traffic
* Operate automobile in safe manner to drive yourself
and team members to data-collection sites.
Conditions of Employment
* Valid driver's license and excellent driving record
* Basic computer knowledge.
Interviews are being scheduled
beginning March 1 , 2012 until all positions
are filled. Work will begin April 2, 2012 and continues through June 30, 2012.
UW students: Fill out an application and email to Mary Marrah or mail at address below. Email or call Mary at 206-543-3337
during business hours, to schedule an interview.
Non-student applicants: go to the University of Washington
Human Resources website at http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/jobs/apl/ to fill out an application for a temporary position at UW.
Email Mary Marrah.
Print and complete job application (download here) and mail to:
1107 NE 45th Street
Seattle, WA 98105