HOV Data Collection
Information for Observers
Employment Opportunities: Traffic Observer Position
Part-time temporary position spring and summer 2012. Pay - $10/hr.
Must be able to:
* Work outside under all weather conditions.
* Sit on chair or stand for up to 3 hours per shift.
* Perform light lifting.
* Possess basic computer skills (data entry, e-mail, browse
* Possess valid motor vehicle operator's license. If
you have in your possession a valid driver's
license issued to you in your home state, you may operate
a motor vehicle in Washington state for a period not
to exceed six months.
* Be able to perform basic automobile maintenance such as fueling the vehicle, changing tires, adding essential fluids when necessary, and keeping the car clean.
* Be comfortable driving on Puget Sound area freeways.
* Have an excellent driving record.
* Possess effective English verbal and written communication
* Be able to follow directions and work well
* Possess a safe automobile to transport self and team members to and from job site. Mileage is reimbursed.
* High school graduate with some college preferred.
* Observe freeway traffic while sitting on a folding
chair or standing on the sidewalk of freeway overpasses.
* Collect traffic data.
* Operate an automobile in a safe manner to drive yourself
and team members to data collection sites.
Conditions of Employment
* Valid driver's license and excellent driving record.
* Basic computer knowledge.
Interviews are being scheduled beginning March 1 , 2012, until all positions
are filled. Work will begin April 2, 2012, and will continue through June 30, 2012.
UW students: Fill out an application and email it to Mary Marrah or mail to the address below. To schedule an interview, email or call Mary at 206-543-3337 during business hours.
Non-student applicants: Go to the University of Washington
Human Resources website, http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/jobs/apl/ to fill out an application for a temporary position at the UW.
Email Mary Marrah.
Print and complete job application (download here) and mail to:
1107 NE 45th Street
Seattle, WA 98105