Data Collection Sites
MiscellaneousRevised April 6, 2012
The weekly schedule is available online at http://trac29.trac.washington.edu/hovadmin/
There are no log-in passwords.
H Count only the HOV lane for the entire session.
#3 Count only the assigned numbered general purpose
(2) GP Rotation:
(R) Regular Rotation (alternate HOV
1. The first person to show up should check voice mail:
2. Verify your site and lane assignment.
3. Check PDA battery levels.
4. Synchronize time and date with official US time: www.time.gov/index.html.
5. Locate maps and directions to the site.
6. Organize your equipment.
If someone calls in sick, it is up to the remaining team members to collect data from all the locations indicated on the schedule.
If only one person shows up for work, do NOT go to a site alone. Explain the situation to the supervisor and fill out your timesheet with one hour worked. You may end your shift.
Driver: record mileage, before and after trip, if driving state car.
Collect license plates to and from the site; Record at least 10 license numbers from SOV lanes and 10 from HOV lanes.
Fueling The Vehicle
Directions for fueling the state car
1. Slide the Flex Card in the machine
2. When it asks for a PIN, enter the last 4 digits of the car’s license plate number
3. Enter the mileage
4. Enter the pump number
5. Begin fueling
All team members take a task at the gas station:
1. Fill the tank completely with unleaded regular gasoline.
2. Wash the windshields.
3. Check and fill fluids:
Collect 5 full sessions and 1 short session of data per shift.
Directions for using the PDA are here.
See this diagram to learn how to position yourself for the most accurate observation.
1. Complete a site report.
2. Synchronize data; upload your data files, replace PDAs in charging base.
3. Timesheets - Fill in your hours daily.
Round your hours to the nearest quarter of an hour.
* Do not work more than 19.5 (40 hours for non UW students) or 40 hours during school breaks.
* Update your timesheet daily.
* Print out and sign your timesheet on the last day of the pay period.
3. Submit daily, at end of shift:
* Site summary report
4. Submit as necessary:
If you are scheduled for an office shift, complete the following tasks:
1. Empty trash from car and clean car interior; vacuum, wash windows and wipe surfaces with Armor-all.
2. If the car needs washing, take it to the car wash across the street from the office.
3. If the car needs gas, fill it at the Corson Street garage or a gas station.
4. Pick up trash in the office and clean surfaces.
5. Check all the PDAs to make sure they are completely charged and that the time/date is correct.
6. Check the site folders and print any maps, diagrams and directions that need to be refilled.
7. Check with Mary, Jane or Ron for any other tasks.
HOV Data Collection Program