The following report-related documents are available:
WSDOT Research Report Guidelines
Progress Report Submission
See the following guidelines for more detailed information about the report production process through TRAC:
TRAC-UW projects that are funded by WSDOT are required to be submitted through TRAC. WSDOT also requires that TRAC reports be edited and formatted in consistent TRAC/WSDOT style, with professional looking graphics.
All WSDOT projects require a 35-page Research Report (draft for review and final). Many projects also require a larger Technical Report.
Basic procedure (for WSDOT report):
1. Submit a draft report to the TRAC editor.
2. Work with TRAC’s graphic crew as necessary.
3. The editor reviews the report for compliance with the contracting agency’s requirements and edits for clarity, conciseness, grammar, and punctuation.
4. The author reviews, changes, and approves the edits.
5. TRAC formats the report in the appropriate style and seeks final approval from the author.
6. A draft is submitted to WSDOT under TRAC cover letter. Copies are distributed as appropriate.
7. WSDOT contacts the author with comments.
8. The author submits the comments (if minimal) or a changed draft to TRAC for final production.
9. TRAC obtains final approval from the author, then submits the final report to WSDOT under TRAC cover. Copies are distributed as appropriate.