August 12, 2009 (full day with evening reception)
August 13, 2009 (workshop ends by mid-afternoon)
WHAT IS A WORKSHOP MODULE?
If you view the workshop schedule below, you'll see that the workshop includes 5 'modules.' Each module represents a distinct theme packaged to provide an overview of the subject matter, facilitate discussion, and offer lessons learned. Each module consists of 3 parts:
- 20-minute oral presentation by module chair introducing the theme and setting the stage for the subsequent breakout session.
- 90-minute breakout session led by chair. Each breakout will have approximately 3 speakers.
- 15-minute lessons learned presentation.
WORKSHOP THEMES BY MODULE
- Module 1: The Legal Framework: Obligations and Opportunities
- Module 2: Pacific Northwest Exposure Within a Tribal Context
- Module 3: Oregon Department of Environmental Quality Fish Consumption Rate Project
- Module 4: Building the Case of Importance of Fish Consumption and Tribal Health
- Module 5: Fish Consumption Rate Standards and Protection of Human Health
- Panel Discussion: Fish Consumption Rates and Regulatory Decision Making Within the State of Washington