- Children need to be physically active every day to support their health, learning and development.
- Parents are their child’s most important role models.
- Parents should limit their child’s screen time to less than 2 hours a day. (PDF)
- Children who watch too much TV are less successful in school.
- Physical activity doesn’t just mean exercise.
- You can fit physical activity into everyday life. Opportunities are all around you. Gardening, housecleaning, dancing and walking are all good examples.
- Turning off the TV means more time to be active and play.
- Children need time to play. Free, unstructured play helps children to develop, manage stress, and become resilient. (PDF)
- Physical activity improves your mood, stress level, energy, health, strength, sleep, and the way you feel about yourself.
- Children ask for the unhealthy foods they see advertised on television.
- Increase physical activity for fun and fitness.