- Campaign For A Commercial-Free Childhood National coalition of health care professionals, educators, advocacy groups and concerned parents who counter the harmful effects of marketing to children through action, advocacy, education, research, and collaboration.
- Center on Media and Child Health The Center on Media and Child Health at Children’s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, and Harvard School of Public Health is dedicated to understanding and responding to the effects of media on the physical, mental, and social health of children through research, production, and education.
- American Psychological Association: Kids and the Media Find studies, current press releases, articles and fact sheets about the effects of TV and other media on children, as well as resources for parents and caregivers.
- Northwest Center for Excellence in Media Literacy Resource for workshops, awareness campaigns, and alliance building that promotes awareness of media's impact on our lives; links to media-awareness related events.
- Action for Media Education Promotes and advocates for media literacy education, with special outreach to parents, teachers, and those who work with children
- LimiTV, Inc. “We inform parents, educators, and children about the ways excessive TV watching can damage a child’s development and education.”
- Media Awareness Network Canadian non-profit organization, providing resources for parents and teachers interested in media and information literacy for young people.
- Common Sense Media "We're dedicated to helping kids grow up wisely in our media-saturated world. Our trustworthy advice and reviews help parents make good decisions -- and our K-12 curriculum gives educators the tools they need to empower kids."
- Healthy Schools in Washington Includes a link to the Washington State Nutrition and Physical Activity Plan, as well as links to proposed legislation, current policies about nutrition and physical activity, nutrition and physical activity guidelines and additional resources.
- Let's Move! Child Care Sign up for the Let's Move! Child Care initiative and learn how to implement key nutrition and physical activity goals.
- Action For Healthy Kids A nationwide initiative dedicated to improving the health and educational performance of children through better nutrition and physical activity in schools. Find out what is happening in your state, and around the nation. See a profile of nutrition and physical activities in Washington schools, learn about funding and grant opportunities, and find out what is working for others.
- American Academy of Pediatrics Policy, news and advocacy for child health and well-being.