Where to Park
UWMC parking information
Validation for reduced-rate parking is available for medical center patients and their visitors. Patients and their visitors must have their parking ticket stamped at their place of appointment to receive the discounted parking rate.
Triangle Parking Garage
- This underground parking garage is across N.E. Pacific Street from UW Medical Center.
- Enter the garage from N.E. Pacific Place, one-half block west of Montlake Boulevard.
- A pedestrian tunnel leads from the garage to the third (main) floor of the medical center.
- The garage has 500 parking stalls - 67 of which are labeled for disability parking, and nine are wheelchair accessible.
- Height restriction is 6 feet, 8 inches.
- Parking staff work from 6 a.m. to midnight Monday through Friday and from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
- Pay as you leave.
- Garage parking is free on Sundays.
- After hours parking is available only in the Triangle Garage.
Surgery Pavilion Parking Garage
- This garage is located beneath the Surgery Pavilion and is primarily for surgery patients and their visitors.
- Enter the garage from N.E. Pacific Street, and turn left at the stop sign after passing the Emergency Department entrance.
- Disability parking is located on all three parking levels, although Level P1 has limited availability for oversized vehicles.
- Maximum vehicle height is 9 feet, 6 inches on Level P1 and 6 feet, 7 inches on Levels P2 and P3.
- Garage hours are 6 a.m. to midnight Monday through Friday and closed on weekends. Hours are subject to UW special events.
- After hours parking is not available in the Surgery Pavilion Garage.
- Pay as you leave.
Patients with disability or mobility parking needs may use the valet parking service at the main entrance of the medical center. Wheelchairs and escort services are also available. Valet parking fees are the same as those charged for parking in the garages.
The Triangle and Surgery Pavilion Garages have disability parking, including spaces for wheelchair vans.
In/Out Parking Privileges
Available for patients needing to leave and return to a clinic during the day. Ask the traffic guide at the booth to explain how the procedure works.
All non-patient-related visitors must pay the posted parking rates. After hours parking is available only in the Triangle Garage.
Directions to clinics and the Health Sciences Building are available at the information desk inside the medical center entrance.
Questions about validation refunds should be directed to the UW Medical Center parking manager at 206.598.5275.
UW Medical Center parking garages are available to patients and their visitors. Discount coupons are available at clinics and nurses stations to allow parking at these rates.
| 0 - 30 minutes|| Free|
| 30 minutes - 1 hour || $3|
| 1 - 2 hours|| $6|
| 2 - 3 hours|| $9|
| 3 hours or more|| $10 daily maximum|
| In/out access|| $10 per day|
Harborview Parking Information
View Park Garage
The View Park Garage is located at the west side of Harborview between Alder and Jefferson streets. People with disabilities may park on Levels A, B and 1. Oversize vehicles may park on Level A at kiosk.
Pay in the Ground West Lobby from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Valet parking is located at Harborview’s west entrance:
- Available 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Cars are retrieved until 5:15 p.m.
- After 5:15 p.m. you must retrieve your own car. The keys will be at the kiosk in the View Park Garage.
- If you have a disability and need assistance, contact the parking cashier, inside the Eighth Avenue entrance or call Public Safety at 206.744.3193.
- Pay in Ground West Lobby from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the parking desk, inside the Eighth Avenue entrance.
Ninth & Jefferson Building Parking
Underground parking also is available in the Ninth & Jefferson Building. The parking garage entrance is on the east side of the building, off of Terry Avenue, between Jefferson and James Streets. Parking is available 5:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. weekdays.
Patricia Bracelin Steel Building Parking
The Patricia Bracelin Steel Building is located five blocks east of the main hospital at 401 Broadway. The building contains underground parking, accessed from Jefferson Street and Broadway. Parking is available 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. weekdays.
Harborview's parking garages are available to patients and their visitors.
| Time|| Self-Park|
| 0 - 30 minutes |
| 30 - 60 minutes |
| 1 - 2 hours|
| 2 - 4 hours|
| 4 - 6 hours|
| 6 - 8 hours|
| 8 - 24 hours|
Lost ticket: $20
Motocycle: $3 per day
Motorcycles must park in designated spaces only.
For more information between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays, call Parking and Commuter Services at 206.744.3254. At other times, contact Public Safety at 206.744.3193.
Bus and Shuttle Service
Metro provides regular bus service to Harborview on several routes, including 3, 4, 60 and 205. Bus routes 211, 303, 941 and 942 provide express bus service during peak hours. The 9 provides service along Broadway to the South End and stops at the Patricia Bracelin Steel Building.
To find the best routes from your nearest bus stop, call Metro at 206.553.3000. You can also plan your trip with Metro bus schedules online.
The Health Sciences Express provides free shuttle service to assist patients, families, caregivers, faculty and staff in traveling between Harborview, UW Medical Center, the clinics at UWMC-Roosevelt and the UW Tower. Health Sciences Express schedule >