UW Medicine recognizes the diverse spiritual needs of our patients and families, and the significance spirituality may have in their lives. The Department of Spiritual Care at Harborview Medical Center and UW Medical Center offers culturally sensitive, emotional and spiritual support to patients, families and staff, regardless of religious faith or spiritual tradition.
Our chaplains are trained to serve the spiritual needs of our diverse community by offering:
• Emotional and spiritual comfort and support during times of crisis, loss, injury or illness, including life-threatening illness and end-of-life
• Compassionate listening
• Prayer and meditation
• Sacraments or rituals, such as baptism, communion, blessing, anointing, viaticum
• Contact with clergy of various faith traditions
• Resources in many different faith traditions
• A list of local congregations and faith communities
• A chaplain can contact your faith, religious or spiritual community to help support you while you are in the hospital.
Please feel free to contact us if you need to talk to a chaplain for any reason.
Harborview Medical Center
On-Call Chaplain: Dial 0 for hospital operator (206) 744-3000 from outside the hospital) and request that on-call chaplain be paged. To reach the chaplain, please call (206) 744-3155.
UW Medical Center
On-Call Chaplain: Call (206) 598-6190 and request that the on-call chaplain be paged. To reach the chaplain, please call (206) 598-9174.