Welcome to the University Advancement (UA) Emergency Preparedness Team website! We strive to support the work of UW Emergency Management by creating awareness, providing training opportunities, and generating a plan for staff accountability after a major emergency event. The information provided here is intended as a basic reference tool for emergency preparation and as a resource guide to other sources of information.
Please take a few minutes here to read about the current happenings in UA emergency preparedness, and be sure to visit UW Emergency Management online for more information.
Who We Are
The UA Emergency Preparedness Team (EPT) is comprised of employees in UA Central who meet to discuss emergency issues and emergency preparation. The team seeks to disseminate awareness and information that will prepare our colleagues for an emergency before it happens. We aim to provide training opportunities to our staff so that in the event of an emergency we will be prepared and knowledgeable. We strive to create accountability for all staff members after the event of an emergency.
Since its inception in the spring of 2006, EPT has provided 158 individual workstation kits to staff members. It has also offered free First Aid & CPR training through Environmental Health & Safety, with a 54% completion rate to date. The team has put out the emergency preparedness message through our regular meetings, weekly S Building newsletter, email list serve, and now through our website.
The mission of the University Advancement (UA) Emergency Preparedness Team is to address workplace safety concerns for UA personnel located in the S Building & Gerberding Hall facilities by:
- Identifying, evaluating and developing strategies to address emergency preparedness and workplace hazards,
- Encouraging participation by the building Responders to assist with emergency situations, and
- Sharing with UA personnel the knowledge obtained to promote a safe and healthful workplace environment.
We will accomplish this by:
- Creating Awareness
- Disseminating relevant information in a timely fashion
- Facilitating training opportunities
- Focusing our efforts on three Events:
- Personal Emergency
- Training all UA employees to understand what to do During Event
- Training all UA employees to understand what to do immediately After Event
- Successfully implementing a process and procedure to account for all UA employees After Event, and providing that information to UA leadership (Executive Group)