Office supplies are ordered using eProcurement, an online ordering system. Features of eProcurement include outside UW approved vendor catalogs, and customer account management tools such as budget splitting, item searches,as well as workflow review and approval routing.Common use office supplies are paid for and ordered by F&A. Common use office supplies for Gerberding Hall and the Tower are paid for by F&A, and ordered by the unit. All other specialty items are paid for and ordered by the unit.
eProcurement REQUIRED Training
The eProcurement training class covers the essentials of eProcurement, including requisition entry for stock, non-stock and vendor catalog requisitions, as well as setting your user preferences. This course is intended for employees who will be placing requisitions, and is offered every Thursday from 10:00am – Noon in Condon Hall (UW Campus).
The Unit’s Role
Each central DAR unit has an assigned eProcurement system “Preparer”. A preparer is authorized to prepare and submit requisitions. Preparers are configured to order up to a certain dollar amount ranging from $250 -$3,000.
F & A’s Role
F & A’s role in the eProcurement system is termed as “Approver”. All requisitions submitted by the unit’s preparer stop at the approver before being submitted to the vendor.
To sign up please visit the eProcurement website:
Common Use Items
- Common Use Items are paid for and ordered by F & A for the UW Tower and Gerberding. Please see below for “Examples of Common Use Items”.
- F & A will maintain the UW Tower supply room (S-1, 237) with common use items. Since our move we have a large supply of paper clips, binder clips, pens, markers, hanging file folders, folders, binders etc. Please check the supply area before ordering any of these items. If you can’t find an item or if certain supplies are low please contact an F&A Approver (Connie or Chi).
- When purchasing common use items not found in the supply rooms or at Gerberding please order standard, inexpensive products.
- Examples of Common Use items: Band Aids, Computer Cleaning Supplies, Envelopes, Glue stick, Highlighters, Labels, Markers, Paper, Post-Its, Pins, Sponges, Staples, Tape, Remanufactured Toner for networked printers only and White-Out
Specialty Items (Unit Supplies)
- Specialty items are specific to the need of an individual unit, and are charged to that unit’s budget. These items may be purchased through eProcurement or through an outside vendor(s).
- Pens costing more than $10.00 per dozen are considered a specialty item and are charged to the unit’s budget
- Specialty paper is charged to the unit budget.
- Large mailing supplies