The University of Washington ProCurement Card (ProCard) is a Visa charge card for UW faculty and staff. Using a ProCard is beneficial for both the employee and the department. Some of the benefits include streamlining the small dollar purchasing process, eliminating the need for employees to use personal funds, and 10% discount at the UW Bookstore when you announce that you are using a ProCard.
While the ProCard has many advantages and provides purchasing opportunities for cardholders, there are strict guidelines. Comprehensive information about the rules and purchasing tips can be found at: http://f2.washington.edu/fm/ps/how-to-buy/procard. A summary of the most important guidelines are listed below:
Business expenses only: Personal expenses are strictly prohibited
- Transaction limit $3,500 – you may not split a purchase into multiple transactions to circumvent this limit
- Monthly limit $20,000
- Increases for transaction and monthly limits may be allowed if the approval process is begun proactively. Please contact your ProCard Administrator and include the necessary information:
- Item description
- Merchant or Supplier Name
- Total Cost
- Budget number
Prohibited expenses (not all inclusive):
- Travel expenses
- On-campus vendors
- Gift cards/gift certificates for staff members
- Personal Services/contractors
- Jewelry store items
**Please note that anytime a cardholder verbally or physically provides their card information to a vendor, they are explicitly providing an approval of the charge. The cardholder is responsible for all charges to their ProCard unless the security of the card has been compromised. If you believe that your card has been lost or stolen, please immediately contact JP Morgan Chase ( 1-800-270-7760) and then your ProCard Administrator.
Within 5 days from the purchase date, you must submit a ProCard authorization form to the UA ProCard Administrator.