University Advancement Intranet
Columns Magazine Photo Submission Guidelines
- When saving/downloading pictures from your digital camera, please select the highest resolution/largest file size available. For you technical folks, 300 dpi is most-preferred.
- Email photos for consideration to Julie Lauderbaugh.
- You know your donors best. If you have a picture of someone who might have sensitivities about being featured in a magazine that is distributed to 250,000 people, please don’t submit it.
Please submit photos featuring:
- People of diverse ethnicities and ages
- People smiling
- Bright or well-lit surroundings
- Up to five people in a group (additional people in the background are fine)
Please avoid photos featuring:
- People drinking or eating
- People wearing nametags (when possible…we know this might be hard to avoid!)
- Big groups of people (more than six)
- Primarily staff in photos
With each photo, please provide:
- Each person’s name, Advance number and graduation year, if applicable
- Title, date, location and brief description of the event where they were photographed
Email photos to Julie Lauderbaugh following the timeline below.
- March issue: submissions welcomed until January 15
- June issue: submissions welcomed until April 15
- September issue: submissions welcomed until July 15
- December issue: submissions welcomed until October 15