Publication Planning Guidelines
1. WHO, WHAT, WHY, HOW, WHEN
- Project description and format
- Key message and goals
- Distribution method
- Distribution date and/or frequency
Total = Creative subtotal + production subtotal + distribution subtotal
Cost for Photography/Illustration + Text + Design
Cost for Copy + Print + Web
Cost for Mailing (mail list preparation + postage) + email
- Publications coordinator
- Web publisher
- Target Completion
- Target Distribution
5. MAJOR MILESTONES
(from project schedule)
- Copy complete
- Images/art selected
- Copy and images to design
- Final files to production
- Delivery of finished product
- Estimated budget vs. Actual expense
- Reason for over/underage
- Expected response vs. Actual response
- Target distribution date vs. Actual distribution date
- Reason for delay
- Was the format of your publication suitable for your target audience?
- If you printed your publication, did you produce enough? Too many?
- Was the distribution method you chose appropriate for your audience? If mailed, number of undeliverables?
- What would you change if you did this project again?