Advancement Training & Support provides the service of loading email lists for Convio Center administrators.
To request a list upload:
- Review your data to ensure that it meets the Data Requirements detailed below.
- Submit the List Load Request form below.
- Check your email for a confirmation message which includes a link to a secure dropbox.
- Upload your list(s) to the secure dropbox. Please do not email your list.
Upon receipt of your list load request, ATS staff will:
- Create a HelpDesk work order to track your request
- Review your data to ensure it meets the Data Requirements detailed below
- Upload your list, and send you a confirmation when the upload is complete
Please allow three business days’ processing time. If you have a more urgent request, please contact ATS HelpDesk at 1-3947 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your situation.
|If you want to send your message on:||Request your load on or before the preceding:|
You should review the Common Data Errors page as a checklist to ensure your data meets requirements. The page shows examples of common data errors and how to fix them.
Excel or comma separated values (CSV) file: .xls, .xlsx, or csv.
- First name (one name only per cell – e.g., not “John and Mary”)
- Last name
- Email address (one address only per cell)
- The following columns will help Convio correctly match your constituents:
- Advance ID
- Contact ID (unique identifier in Convio constituent record)
- You may also include columns for any other fields you wish to populate, such as Prefix (e.g., Mr., Ms., etc.)
If You Need Help
If you have questions regarding your data, or would like to learn some Excel skills that will help you transform your spreadsheet into a loadable format, we’d love to help.
Contact ATS HelpDesk at 1-3947 or email@example.com.
Before submitting your request, please consider whether you should be uploading your list to a user-created group, or to an interest opt-in group. You may send email to user-created groups without also adding the same constituents to an interest opt-in group.
- You should use an interest ID only if the constituents on your list are aware that they are being opted in to receive email on that topic.
- If you have selected your target list from a general population, such as Advance, or another database, you should upload your list to a user-created group only. You can:
- Create the group yourself in Convio and then provide the Group ID
- Request to have ATS create the group for you by selecting “This is a new group” in the Loading Options.
To learn more about Interests and Groups, please review the Interest & Groups page.
Instructions for locating your Group or Interest ID are located on this page.