Our team of medical experts in autism spectrum disorders and related neurodevelopmental conditions includes specialists in Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics and in
We provide medical consultation in collaboration with your primary care provider and other professionals within our clinics, which include the Interdisciplinary Clinic for Autism and Neurodevelopment (ICAN) and the ASD Medical Evaluation Clinic. These services include medical, neurologic, and neurogenetic assessments (as appropriate), consisting of:
- A detailed neurologic and neurodevelopmental history, physical and neurologic examination, and discussion of impressions and recommendations with the family.
- Assessment for possible neurologic or neurogenetic causes of symptoms and behaviors.
- Assessment of medical and psychosocial factors contributing to symptoms and behaviors.
- Consultation on specific concerns including: tics and other movement disorders, seizures and epilepsy, anxiety, toileting issues, sleep disturbances, aggressive and self-injuring behaviors, and others.
- Recommendations for further evaluation, medical tests, and treatment planning.
- Referral to other medical subspecialists as appropriate to meet the family’s particular medical needs.