Workshops are individualized to meet the specific needs of the school or school district, and can be tailored for those with beginning through advanced levels of knowledge and experience. Examples of topics include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding ASD and its Impact on Learning and Behavior
- The Ins and Outs of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Approaches to Early Intervention
- Structuring the Classroom for Success
- Measuring Progress through Data Collection
- Using Visual Supports to Promote Learning and Improve Behavior
- Classroom Strategies for Students with ASD
- Teaching Executive Functioning and Organizational Skills
- Integrating Social Skills Instruction into Classroom Activities
- Strategies for Teaching Emotion Regulation
- Addressing Challenging Behaviors through Prevention and Intervention
- Using School-Wide Positive Behavioral Supports
Classroom- and Program-Based Consultations
Classroom observations and consultations are available to help teachers implement evidence-based practices to maximize the learning of students with ASD.
Areas of consultation may focus on, but are not limited to:
- Using physical structure and visual supports
- Integrating different teaching methods
- Incorporating social skills instruction into daily activities
- Collecting data to measure success
Individual Student-Focused Consultations
Student-focused consultations are available to provide assistance with IEP/IFSP development as well as offer recommendations for improving learning and behavior for individual students.
Areas of consultation may include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying student skill levels
- Conducting Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA)
- Developing Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP) to decrease problem behaviors and increase appropriate behaviors and skills.
Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE)
The UW Autism Center offers individualized, comprehensive diagnostic and psychoeducational evaluations that can be used for educational planning.
If you are interested in any of our training services for educators, please email our Training Director or call 206-221-5674. Contracts for services may be arranged for one-time services and trainings, or for ongoing consultation on an annual basis.
To download the School Services Brochure, please click here.