1) Camellia japonica ‘High Hat’
- One of our earlier-flowering Japanese camellias.
- This specimen can be found along the west side of Arboretum Drive near the construction zone detour.
2) Pieris japonica ‘Valentine’s Day’
- Showing its large panicles of pink flowers.
- Can be found on Azalea Way just south of the Lilacs.
3) Rhododendron floribundum
- Native to the Szechwan Province of China.
- Specimen currently resides along the Upper Trail near the Rhododendron seedling area.
4) Salix irrorata
- Upright shrub with slender purple shoots and gray catkins borne before the leaves.
- Can be found in the Witt Winter Garden.
5) Stachyurus himalaicus
- Native to western China and Taiwan.
- Spreading, deciduous shrub with arching shoots and bell-shaped flowers borne in racemes in late winter.
- Can be found on the west side of Arboretum Drive across from the double lot.