As we bid adieu to relentless April showers, let’s also praise a fond farewell to over 300 relentless April community service volunteers that helped support the stewardship of our beautiful botanic gardens. Because of them, May flowers have never looked and smelled soooo good.
The 3 Big April events:
- April 13, Earth Day in the Arboretum w/ Student Conservation Association – see photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/the-sca/sets/72157633264603184/
- April 19, UW Partners w/ Starbucks for Earth Day at CUH and Farm- see video
- April 25, Ivy Out w/ Seattle Prep – a few photos below
A few of the impressive metrics:
- Over 22,000 sq feet of invasive plants removed (ivy and blackberry)!
- Over 60 yrds of mulch spread!
- Over 1500 native plants planted!
- Over 20 yrds of ivy hauled!