The holidays are upon us, and we have many opportunities for unique gifts that will delight your friends and family, all while supporting a good cause!
Support local artisans at the Holiday Art, Craft and Gift Sale, December 6-21 at the Miller Library, where you’ll find:
- Nature-inspired prints, cards and calendars by watercolor artist MOLLY HASHIMOTO
- Woven textiles, scarves, and wraps by textile artist LINNEA DONNEN
- Lovely handmade tiles by members of ARTISAN TILE NORTHWEST
- Botanically-inspired ceramic mugs, bowls, and vases by KATIE MURPHY, UWBG alumna
- Botanically themed monoprint cards by ROBERTA MCDARIS LONG, shown above*
- Glass art by JOAN BAZAZ
Join us for the opening reception and sale Friday December 6 from 5-8pm. 25% of proceeds benefit the Miller Library.
For a truly unique, one-of-a-kind gift, consider a framed herbarium specimen, collected from our very own plants at the UW Botanic Garden. These professionally framed pressings artistically showcase beautiful plants in flower or in fruit. Proceeds directly support the Otis Douglas Hyde Herbarium.
Make a gift to the UW Botanic Gardens in someone’s name. You can give a general gift to the the Director’s Fund, or choose from nine different priority gift funds, such as Rare Plant Care and Conservation Fund or the Union Bay Natural Area Fund.
The UW Botanic Gardens offer a variety of education programs for everyone. Give the nature lovers in your life a gift certificate for one of our Public, Professional or Youth and Family classes. Contact Continuing Education at email@example.com or 206-685-8033 to order.
Visit the Arboretum Gift Shop to find a delightful selection of gardening and outdoor books, plant-themed jewelry, natural body products, tools for green thumbs, and much more. Proceeds benefit the Washington Park Arboretum.