Conserving Plant Biodiversity in a Changing World:
Botanical Art Exhibit and Contest
We are excited to invite artists to enter their original botanical illustrations and photographs into our Botanical Art Exhibit and Contest. Among many of the objectives of this conference is to integrate art and scientific investigation that leads to a greater appreciation and understanding of native plants and plant communities throughout northwestern North America. This botanical exhibition contributes to this important goal.
DETAILED SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE FOR ARTWORK ACCEPTED INTO THE EXHIBIT.
The Botanical Art Exhibit will be on display in the Miller Library at the UW Botanic Gardens March 2-29th, 2012. The Botanical Art Contest will be held in conjunction with the Conserving Plant Biodiversity in a Changing World Conference March 13-14, 2012. Conference attendees will vote for the winner. Winning artists will be awarded hundred dollar gift certificates to Powell's Book Store.
Criteria Artists are invited to enter an original botanical illustration or photograph that reflects the beauty of flora throughout northwestern North America. It is essential that the subject matter is native to the northwestern North America (Yukon, British Columbia, Alberta, Alaska, WA, OR, ID, and MT). Artwork outside of this range will NOT be considered.
Instructions to submit entry:
- An initial jurying process using a digital image will be conducted to reduce the number of entries to the space available for display. Deadline for digital submission is January 1, 2012.
- A digital image (300-800 dpi, jpg or tif file) of the artwork should be sent as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mail should contain the artist's name, contact information, the name of the species and/or native ecosystem and location.
- Digitial image attachemt should be named as follows: Artist's Last Name_First initial_What type of medium (photo or illustration)._species name.jpg, example: Jones_K_illustration_Acer_glabra.jpg or Smith_R_photo_Acer_glabra.tif (Files that DO NOT follow this specific format may be rejected).
- Each artist is allowed no more than 2 entries.
- Artists will be notified by January 15th if their artwork has been selected for display in the exhibit. These artists will then be given instructions on shipping procedures. All shipping (to and from) the venue will be at the artists expense.
- All work for the show must be framed and wired for hanging and "glassed " with Plexiglas (no glass). Artwork should be no greater than 20 x 24 inches please. See botanical illustration and photograph pages for further information.
- Questions concerning the Art Exhibit and Contest should be sent to email@example.com.
Saturday, 04-Oct-2014 09:47:08 PDT