Graham Visitor Center at the Washington Park Arboretum
The Graham Visitors Center, which is located on the north end of the Arboretum, not only serves to welcome the public, but also offers rental spaces that are available for meetings, classes, conferences, exhibitions, weddings, and other social gatherings. Nestled within 230 acres of beautifully maintained collections and in close proximity to downtown Seattle and the University of Washington, the Graham Visitors Center is an ideal venue for any type of event.
Receive a 10% Room Discount*
Hold your event at the Graham Visitor Center between July and December 31, 2013.
Please call 206-221-2500 now to reserve your next event and mention this promotion to receive 10% off your room fee.
*This promotional discount applies to one meeting or social event per customer.
- Call or email the Rental Program Office to inquire about date availability: 206-221-2500 or email@example.com.
- Submit a GVC Room Reservation Request Form to the Rental Program Office via mail or fax.
- Once your reservation is approved, you will receive a written confirmation/invoice of your reservation. We must receive the 25% partial payment deposit 14 days after your confirmation/invoice is sent to continue reserving your space.
- The remainder of your quoted rental fee and damage deposit is due 14 days prior to the beginning of your reserved date.
- In the case of last minute reservations (30 days or less, if space is available), full payment is due at time of booking.
At any time during the reservation process, please feel free to call or email us should you have any questions.
Forms & Additional Rental Information
Please contact the UWBG Rental Program Office at 206-221–2500 for reservation information. To schedule a tour of rental spaces at the Graham Visitors Center, please call 206-616-3994.
- GVC Room Reservation Request Form
- Renter Policies form for UW Botanic Gardens
- WA Banquet Permit Form
- Caterer and Renter Guidelines/Kitchen Use Rules
- Decorations and Displays Policy
- Directions and Maps
Facilities & Services
There are several spaces available for rent at the Graham Visitors Center:
Large Meeting Room (capacity 95)
Patio rented with large meeting room (capacity 150)
Small Conference Room (capacity 10)
Greenhouse West Wing
Large Meeting Room seats up to 80 with tables and chairs, or holds up to 95 standing. Capacity is significantly increased with rental of the adjacent Patio; however, inclement weather requires tenting to accommodate additional guests since the Patio is open-air.
Rental of the Large Meeting Room includes:
- 14 rectangular tables (6’ x 2.5’)
- 80 chairs
- Projector screen
- Kitchen: oven, two burners, refrigerator (no freezer), dishwasher, and restaurant-style coffee machine
- Garbage and recycling receptacles (including plastic liners)
- Cleaning supplies and rags
- Ethernet connection or WiFi
We also have available for rent:
- LCD Projector
- Slide Projector
- TV Monitor and VCR
- Podium with built-in microphone
Renters are responsible for supplying all other materials: tents for the Patio, silverware/plates/cups, coffee filters, tablecloths, and any additional furniture.
The Small Conference Room seats up to 12 people. A round conference table accommodates seating for 8 and a telephone is available for use. This space is ideal for small meetings or it can be rented with the Large Meeting Room to provide additional private space (e.g., as a changing room for a wedding).
- Event ending time: Premises must be vacated by 11 p.m.
- Alcohol: Renters may serve alcohol only with a permit from the office of the Superintendant of Parks (City of Seattle). This is a simple process and we can advise you on the procedures for obtaining this permit. Most caterers are also familiar with this process.
- Parking: The public is allowed to park in any designated parking area throughout the Washington Park Arboretum, including the Graham Visitors Center parking lot on a first-come, first-served basis.
All rental fees are quoted per event and are determined primarily by the type and length of event.
A partial payment deposit in the amount of 25% of the total rental fee is due 2 weeks after receipt of confirmation/invoice.
The remaining 75% of the rental fee and a refundable damage deposit are due 14 days prior to the day of the reserved date.
- All cancellations are subject to a $75 cancellation processing fee.
- The room use fee is refundable (minus cancellation fee) if cancellation is made more than 60 days prior to the reserved date.
- The room use fee is 50% refundable if cancellation is made 31-60 days prior to the reserved date.
- Room use fees are non-refundable for cancellations made 30 days or less prior to the reserved date.
- For all social events, the 25% deposit is nonrefundable.
Thursday, 17-Oct-2013 11:48:00 PDT