This advanced workshop is intended for experienced clinicians who are seeking additional training and consultation in applying the skills and strategies of the DBT Prolonged Exposure (DBT PE) protocol for PTSD. The training will include customized instruction on topics requested by participants as well as in-depth consultation on clinical cases. Participants wishing to receive in-depth case consultation will be required to complete a detailed case formulation in advance of the training. The trainers will select the clinical cases that best highlight the challenges and topics most relevant to the group, and selected participants will receive in-depth consultation on their case at the workshop. All attendees will be asked to evaluate the case information and join in discussion about specific cases.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is intended for mental health professionals who:
- Have received prior training in the DBT Prolonged Exposure protocol for PTSD.
- Are using the DBT Prolonged Exposure protocol in their clinical practice.
- Are willing to have their work observed via role-plays and receive feedback in front of the group.
As a result of this training, I will be able to:
- Deliver the DBT PE protocol with greater adherence.
- Make principle-driven clinical decisions during DBT PE.
- Prepare a DBT PE case formulation.
- Evaluate the use of DBT PE in my own and others’ cases.
There is a $50.00 fee for each applicant. Application fees are non-refundable and are not a credit towards tuition.
Applications are due by February 17, 2017 or until all training spaces are filled, whichever comes first.
Application process is now closed.
Applicants will be notified of acceptance by February 24, 2017.
Interested in receiving in-depth case consultation at the workshop? Accepted applicants can complete a DBT + DBT PE case formulation and submit it for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 17, 2017. You will be notified by February 24, 2017 about whether you have been selected to present the case and receive in-depth case consultation at the workshop.
Tuition is $1,200 per participant and includes:
- 3 days of workshop training
- 17.25 hours of CE/CME credits
- Copies of the DBT PE treatment materials and handouts
Full payment is due within 7 business day of notification of acceptance. If payment is not received within 7 business days of acceptance, we reserve the right to offer the space to another participant. We accept MasterCard, and Visa, Discover and American Express via PayPal. (Applicants do not need to register with PayPal in order to pay with credit cards.) All payments must be in U.S. funds.
Cancellation, Substitutions, and Refunds
Tuition fees, minus a $50 service charge, will be refunded to participants who send a written cancellation to email@example.com or to UW BRTC, 3935 University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98195 postmarked by March 1, 2017. No refunds will be made thereafter. A colleague meeting all prerequisites may be substituted for no extra charge if we are notified at least two business days before the training.
The closest parking lot to the training venues is the UW Central Plaza Parking Garage and the gatehouse is located on 15th Avenue NE and NE 41st Street (map). Parking costs $15/day on Monday, $10/day on Saturday, and free on Sunday. On Sunday, guests can park in any non-restricted lot on campus, including the Central Plaza Parking Garage (Levels 2-6). Parking may be paid with cash or a Visa/MasterCard.
Upon arrival to campus, please stop at the campus gatehouse and inform the Parking Specialist that you are attending the “DBT PE Training” at Johnson Hall and Mary Gates Hall. After payment, a parking permit showing your designated parking lot will be printed and given to you to display on your vehicles dashboard as instructed.
If you need disability parking, please advise the Parking Specialist.
The following hotels are located in the University District of Seattle and are within walking distance of the training venue.
- University Inn (4140 Roosevelt Way NE): universityinnseattle.com. For reservations, call 866-866-7977. To get university-contract rate via online reservations, please type UNIVERSITY in the Promo Code Window.
- Watertown Hotel (4242 Roosevelt Way NE): watertownseattle.com. For reservations, call 866-866-7977. To get university-contract rate via online reservations, please type UNIVERSITY in the Promo Code Window.
- Hotel Deca (4507 Brooklyn Ave. NE): hoteldeca.com. For reservations, call 800-899-0251.
- College Inn (4000 University Way NE): collegeinnseattle.com. For reservations, call 206-633-4441. Please note that this is a European style hotel with shared bathrooms. It is a good option for inexpensive lodging and includes breakfast.
Many additional hotels can be found in other areas of Seattle, but would require transportation (taxi, bus, or car) to get to the University of Washington campus.
Continuing education credits will be provided through Behavioral Tech, LLC as part of the tuition fee. This training meets the requirements for 17.25 hours of continuing education. Licensing and continuing education requirements vary by state. Please contact your state’s regulatory authority to verify if this course meets your licensing or continuing education requirements.
If you require special accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least six weeks prior to the event so we may provide you with appropriate service.
Policies and Restrictions
The use of audio or video taping devices is not permitted at any training. We reserve the right to cancel the training or to change the speakers at our sole discretion.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.