C4C’s Industry Relations team facilitates engagement between UW researchers and their counterparts in industry.
YOUR PERSONAL GUIDES FOR NAVIGATING THE UW
The UW Industry Relations Team works closely with all segments of the campus community to broker and facilitate positive and productive relationships with business and industry partners.
C4C Industry Relations Officers, well acquainted with the body of ongoing research at the University and the capabilities of UW researchers, are here to help companies identify research collaborators and programs of interest.
There are many ways, beyond licensing and sponsored research, that industry can benefit from engaging with the University. Our team can help you navigate the opportunities—from corporate affiliate programs and professional development to recruiting and use of UW facilities.
Meet our Industry Relations team
Terry Grant, Arts & Sciences, Environment and Sustainability
Over a 22-year career at Weyerhaeuser Company, Terry Grant built an impressive record of achievement in new product development, technology commercialization, strategic partnership and business development, and management.
Todd Cleland, Industry Relations Officer, Engineering
Todd Cleland is focused on supporting and growing strategic relationships between the College of Engineering and technology companies. Todd comes to the UW from 20+ years at Hewlett-Packard, where he worked in R&D and management roles in its semiconductor and inkjet printing businesses and led strategic new business programs to commercialize HP technologies. Todd’s technical experience includes digital printing, displays, microfabrication, and microfluidics; he is an inventor on 20 issued patents.
C4C Internal Partners
- UW Bothell
- UW School of Medicine
- UW School of Law
- UW Advancement
- College of Engineering
- College of the Environment
- Foster School of Business
- College of Arts & Sciences
- Career Center
- Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP)
- UW Education Outreach
Areas of Excellence – Centers and Institutes
- Bioengineering Department Affiliates Program (BioE-AP)
- Center for Process Analysis and Control (CPAC)
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) Industrial Affiliates Program
- Electrical Engineering (EE CAP) Corporate Affiliates Program
- Human Centered Design & Engineering (HCDE) Corporate Affiliates Program
- Information School iAffiliates Program
- Institute for Advanced Materials & Technology (i-AMT)
- Institute of Translational Health Sciences (ITHS)
- Optoelectronic Systems Integration in Silicon (OpSIS)
- University of Washington Engineered Biomaterials (UWEB21)
- uWAMIT, The Ultrasound-based Washington Molecular Imaging and Therapy center
- W. H. Coulter Foundation Translational Research Partnership Program