2018 Sno-King CFD Volunteer Appreciation Event
On March 15, 2018, the efforts of campaign coordinators in Snohomish and King County, including the University of Washington, were recognized at the annual volunteer recognition event. This year’s theme was Superheroes. Guests were encouraged to wear superhero costumes, get their photo taken at the Superhero photo booth and share the name of their own superhero. Dinner was served, and everyone built their own hero and enjoyed apple pie. Guest speakers included Philip Kerrigan, state CFD program manager; Alex Stone, Summit Assistance Dogs; and, Thailan Springstead from Make-A-Wish Alaska and Washington.
Congratulations to all of our UW nominees and award winners! Winners are designated in bold below.
Exemplary Leadership Award
- Colleen Carmean, University of Washington Tacoma
Innovative Event and Outstanding Team Award
- UW Human Resources Information Systems Team
Pop Up IT Shop: Kate Johnson
- UW Information Technology Team
Halloween Potluck and Star Wars versus Star Trek Coffee and Donut Fundraiser: Kristina Morgan and Paola Snyder
Rookie of the Year Award
- Shana Ava, UW School of Social Work
- Jennifer Crane and Marie Pearlscott, UW Quality Assurance
- Erinn McGraw, UW Alcohol & Drug Abuse Institute
- Edith Olguin Benitez, UW Electrical Engineering
- Dan Stover, UW Facilities Services Training Center
UWCFD Dean Speer Award for Excellence
- Annette Bernier, UW Philosophy
- Kira Martin, UW School of Medicine
Spirit of Service Award
- Steve Marty, UW Medicine Human Resources
University of Washington was also awarded the University with the most volunteer hours tracked at 1,505 hours.