Large Scale Collaborations
Applications accepted for Fall and Spring Funding
Description of Category/ Purpose of the Award:
Large-scale collaboration grants enable faculty and graduate students to pursue extended crossdisciplinary and crossdepartmental collaborative projects in research, teaching, and/or public engagement. Large-scale collaborations may include research inquiries that are linked to cross-departmental curriculum development, for instance, and/or a complementary series of public lectures. Activities may be designed to develop new programs of study at the University of Washington, or to prepare the foundations for major grant applications to national foundations.
Defining or Preferred Criteria:
Large-scale collaborations must be faculty-led. Projects that integrate research, teaching, and/or public engagement dimensions are encouraged but not required. Projects entailing collaborative research must note the intended forms of its dissemination (e.g, an edited book, a website). Intended outcomes may
Terms of the Award:
Awards of financial and administrative support vary. Requests typically range between $7,000 and $15,000.
Note: Those applying for Large-Scale Collaboration grants should consider consulting the Simpson Center’s Associate Director at least 4 weeks in advance of the application deadline. Call 543-3920 to schedule an appointment.
- Proposal Narratives (limit 8 pages) should address:
- Near-term and long-term project goals
- participating persons and/ units
- activities to be funded
- anticipated outcomes
- scholarly, public, and/or institutional significance
- Budget should detail anticipated expenses. (e.g. stipends or honoraria, travel, accommodations, curricular or promotional materials, hospitality, and facilities rentals) as applicable, as well as other confirmed and anticipated sources of support.
- C.V. Include organizer(s) curriculum vita(e). Limited to 5 pages per organizer.
Learn more about Large-Scale Collaborations.