The Simpson Center currently maintains four event-hosting spaces:
- CMU 202/204, Seminar room and reading/reception room: Designated for seminars, speaker events, working conferences, board meetings, and receptions. Capacity of 16-35. Regular working groups and smaller meeting groups should plan to use CMU 202/204 during “non-prime time hours”—before 3:00 pm, or after 6:00 pm—or reserve the use of the collaboration studio, CMU 218D.
- PLEASE NOTE: The Simpson Center lounge and seminar rooms (CMU 202/204) are the only Simpson Center spaces that permit and support food service. No exceptions.
- CMU 226: Classroom seating for 45, with moveable chair/desk combos. Available weekdays after 3:30 pm and all day weekends.
- CMU 120: Lecture hall with fixed seating for 95. Available weekdays after 4:00 pm and all day weekends.
- CMU 218D: Collaboration studio with moveable furniture, computer workstations, and a smart TV; capacity of 18.
To reserve space:
- For funded projects (GIGs excepted): Please contact your Simpson Center primary contact to request space.
- GIGs: To reserve space for your GIG, use the online space request form (through Catalyst web tools) or call the Administrative Coordinator at 206.543.3920. Identify your GIG when booking space. GIGs may also book their events in other on-campus or off-campus spaces that fit their needs.