Grammar Engineering Frequently Asked Questions
The LKB seems to be "forgetting" a constraint/definition I've coded. Why?
If you've coded a constraint in tdl but it isn't reflected in the LKB (there's no change to your grammar's behavior; when you look at an entry--rule, lexical entry, etc.--or a type which should be subject to the constraint using the View menu, you don't see the constraint), check the following:
- Have you reloaded the grammar since you made the change?
- Have you saved the tdl file you added the change to, before loading the grammar?
- Does the entry you're considering actually inherit from the type you've put the constraint on? (Double check in
lrules.tdl, whichever is relevant.)
- Do you have multiple types with the same name? If so, only the last one will "count" -- it will overwrite what came before. You can use the search function in emacs to check whether this it the case.
- Have you misspelled an outermost feature name (e.g., SYSNEM for SYNSEM)?
Back to FAQs page
Back to main course page
- 02 Nov 2004
Topic revision: r2 - 2008-03-02 - 15:57:10 - ebender