- Create and edit your .tex source file with emacs .
- In a terminal window, compile the .tex source with the command
- To view the result use xdvi:
- To create a pdf file, use dvips and pdf2pdf:
dvips -t letter -o myfile.ps myfile.dvi
- To view the result of that, use acroread:
acroread myfile.pdf &
If you want to use style files which aren't already installed on the system (note that rtrees.sty, lingmacros.sty, and avm.sty are installed, but robbib.bst/robbib.sty currently aren't), do the following:
- Make a directory in your home directory called TEX:
- Add the following three lines to the file
.bashrc in your home directory:
export BSTINPUTS TEXINPUTS
- Save any additional .bst or .sty files in ~/TEX.
See also: LatexUsageNotes
- 21 Jan 2005
Topic revision: r2 - 2008-10-13 - 23:02:04 - brodbd