To help newly arrived CLMA students find their way around, we thought we'd start a site where people can post links to their favorite restaurants, shops, and sites in Seattle. Please contribute to this page as you find favorites, even if you are new to Seattle!
Where to eat
Once this list gets long, we might want to create subcategories
- North Indian: Chutney's Bistro in Wallingford
- South Indian: Spice Route in Bellevue
- Baja Mexican:Agua Verde in the U District (also see "Where to bring out-of-town guests")
- Coffee: Trabant in the U District
- Coffee: Zoka near U Village, Tangletown, Kirkland, and a few others.
Where to shop
Where to bring out-of-town guests
- Chocolate factory: Theo Chocolate Amazing chocolate, factory tours (call in advance to reserve). Here's a walking tour that includes Theo Chocolates and lots of other fun things from Fremont. Fremont is an easy bus ride from UW (bus #30 or 31).
- Agua Verde Cafe and Paddle Club: Agua Verde. Take your guests kayaking in Lake Union or Portage Bay, then come back for fish tacos and margaritas.
-- Main.ebender - 2010-09-27
Topic revision: r2 - 2010-09-27 - 23:12:33 - goodmami