MacOS SSH shortcuts using Terminal
This page illustrates how to create a Dock shortcut that will automatically launch an SSH session in a terminal window.
- Open Terminal and click Terminal, Preferences.
- In the top bar of the preferences dialog, click Settings.
- Select your default terminal settings (probably Basic, if you haven't changed them), then click the little gear at the bottom of the list and choose Duplicate.
- Give the new settings file a name; e.g. "patas SSH"
- Select the shell tab, check the "Run command" checkbox, and type your SSH command in the text box.
- Double-clicking on the settings file in the list should open an SSH session.
- You can drag settings files out of the list and drop them anywhere you can normally put files. I put the ones I use frequently in a folder, then added that folder to the Dock.
-- Main.brodbd - 2012-02-13
Topic revision: r1 - 2012-02-13 - 18:49:19 - brodbd