MobaXterm and Emacs
"Whoever wrote MobaXterm hated Emacs users." -- David Nichols
The default keyboard bindings for MobaXterm
are not Emacs-friendly, but they're mostly easy to fix.
- Click the Settings icon on the toolbar.
- Click the X11 tab, and make sure "Unix-compatible keyboard" is unchecked.
- Click the Misc tab, then click "Edit keyboard Shortcuts."
- Change the shortcut for "Filter Sessions" from Ctrl-S to Alt-S.
- Change the shortcut for "Find in terminal" from Ctrl-F to Alt-F.
- The X font set included with MobaXterm does not appear to support Asian languages, even in UTF-8 mode.
- The terminal screen binds Backspace to Ctrl-H, and the setting of the "Unix-compatible keyboard" option does not change this. If you plan to run Emacs in text mode (instead of in an X window) you will need to run the command 'stty erase ^H' first.
Topic revision: r2 - 2013-06-20 - 23:32:21 - brodbd