Surgical Termination of Pregnancy
(43KB PDF )
- Call the clinic if you
- have heavy vaginal bleeding that is soaking through more than
2 maxi pads an hour for 2 hours in a row;
- have a fever greater than 101°; or
- have a lot of pain even with pain medication.
- You may continue to have some bleeding for approximately 2 weeks.
- Return to clinic in 1-3 weeks to make sure that you have no complications
from the procedure.
- Start your birth control before you have sex. You may start it as
soon as you have had the procedure.
- Wait 2 weeks before having sex again.
- Expect your next period in 4 to 8 weeks.
- You may return to work tomorrow, or as soon as you feel ready.
Lynne Bartholomew, MD
Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
University of Washington