- Learn the facts about alcohol abuse in women; who's effected, how
it works on your body, and where to get help.
- Breast Cancer Screening
- Breast cancer may strike as many as one in eight women in their lifetime.
Know the when/what/hows of screening and early detection.
- Cardiovascular Disease and
- Heart disease is the concern of every woman today. Women lose their
lives to heart attack five times more often than breast cancer. Learn
the facts on how to lower your risk.
- Caring for Patients from
- A few tips and web resources to help providers care for patients new
to our health care system.
- Clinic Visit
- Are you new to the US Medical System? Here are some suggestions to
make your clinic visit a good one for you and your family.
- Certain food and drinks, and the proper amount of exercise can help
alleviate the symptoms of constipation. Here are some diet tips for
relief and prevention.
- Cryosurgery, also called cryotherapy or cold cautery, is a freezing
technique used to destroy abnormal tissue. Learn more about the procedure
- Information describing diabetes, complications related to the disease,
and how you can prevent these complications.
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic violence can touch women and men of any race, young or old,
rich or poor. Learn to recognize and save yourself and your children.
- Family Planning
- Factsheets on "Overview of birth control methods," "Termination
of pregnancy" and other family planning topics.
- Heartburn can be helped by making changes in your diet. This handout
offers diet and other tips you can try to relieve the symptoms.
- Leading a Healthy Life
- Six steps to living long and staying healthy.
- Lesbian Health
- Getting the care you deserve.
- Managed Care Referrals
- Learn the facts about managed care referrals.
- Basic information from the North American Menopause Society.
- Osteoporosis Prevention
- Called the silent disease, as many as one in two women will suffer
a broken bone due to osteoporosis. Prevention works for women of all
- Pap Smear: Cervical Cancer Screening
- Learn more about the test and its importance in the detection of cervical
cancer and other abnormal conditions of the cervix.
- Smoking Cessation
- Breaking the nicotine habit is not easy. You can quit too! Learn how.
- Well Woman Exam
- An annual exam is an important part of your health care. Learn what
to expect at the exam.