Domestic Violence Bibliography
- Women's experiences with domestic violence and their attitudes and expectations regarding medical care of abuse victims. South Med J. 1997; 90: 1075-1190.
- Domestic Violence. NEJM 1998; 341: 886-892.
Accuracy of 3 brief screening questions for detecting partner violence in the emergency department. JAMA 1997; 277: 1357-61.
Identifying domestic violence in primary care practice. J Gen Intern Med 1996; 11: 44-6.
- Inquiry about victimization experiences: a survey of patient preferences and physician practices. Arch Intrn Med 1992; 152:1186-1190.
A qualitative analysis of how physicians with expertise in domestic violence approach the identification of victims. Ann Intern Med 1999; 131; 578-84. 11.
- Risk factors for injury to women from domestic violence. NEJM 1999; 341: 1892-8.
Violent injuries among women in an urban area. NEJM 1999; 341: 1899-905.
When love goes wrong: what to do when you can't do anything right. New York, NY: HarperPerennial, 1992.
- The "battering syndrome": prevalence and clinical characteristics of domestic violence in primary care internal medicine practices. Ann Intern Med 1995; 123: 737-46.
Screening and intervention for intimate partner abuse: practices and attitudes of primary care physicians. JAMA 1999; 282: 468-474.
Primary care physicians' response to domestic violence: opening Pandora's box. JAMA 1992; 267: 3157-60.
Domestic violence: challenges to medical practice. J Women's Health 1993; 2: 73-80.
- RADAR: a domestic violence intervention for health care providers. Philadelphia: Philadelphia Family Violence Working Group, 1994.
- Tjaden P, Thoennes N. Extent, Nature, and Consequences of Intimate Partner Violence: Findings from the National Violence Against Women Survey, Research Report; 2000. Report for grant 93-IJ-CX-0012, funded by the U.S. Department of Justice, National Institute of Justice; and the Centers for Disease Control and Prvention. NCJ 181867. Available at http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/nij/pubs-sum/181867.htm
- Bailey JE, et al. Risk factors for violent death of women in the home. Archives of Internal Medicine 1997;157:777-82.
- Crandall M, Nathens AB, Kernic MA, Holt VL, Rivara FP. Predicting future injury among women in abusive relationships. Journal of Trauma-Injury Infection and Critical Care 2004;4(2):79-84.
- Heise L, Garcia-Moreno c. Violence by intimate partners. World Report on Violence and Health. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2002. Online at: http://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/violence/world_report/en/