Please join us September 11-12 for Working Together for Elder Friendly Futures, a UW Gerontology conference.
Following two years of cross disciplinary research and discussion among UW faculty from nursing, pharmacy and social work and a 2012 UW Gerontology Research Forum: Creating Elder Friendly Communities, the University is proud to offer another in-depth opportunity for researchers, practitioners, administrators, policy-makers and educators to come together and discuss the opportunities and challenges to building elder-friendly futures. To create a future in which all older people can thrive, we will come together for this 2-day conference to:
- Explore evidence-based practices and the state of the science
- Learn from national leaders about translating emerging knowledge into practice
- Gain multiple perspectives on elder-friendly communities
- Network with potential collaborators across disciplines and professions
- Ensure that all older adults, regardless of their race, ethnicity, social class, sexual orientation, or functional ability, have opportunities and choice in their living environments
TOP 5 REASONS TO ATTEND
- Stay current on emerging research and best practices
- Network! – actively engage with colleagues and meet potential collaborators
- Gain insights from nationally-recognized speakers
- Participate and contribute your ideas during interactive sessions
- Leave the conference energized and ready to work together!