Information for Authors
Submissions are now closed. Proceedings are currently being prepared. Each submission must have a registered presenter attending ASC2018 in order to have the submission included in the Proceedings. We must have received final paper in addition to the copyright release form.
Abstract portal open for submissions: January 20, 2018
Abstracts Due: March 16
Full Papers Due:
June 22 Extended to July 1, 2018
Download template: ASC2018FullPaperTemplate
NOTE: Paper submissions MUST NOT EXCEED 20 pages in length.
- The submission process includes completing all relevant fields on the on-line submission form. (Open January 20)
- Authors will also upload their two-page abstract prepared according to the abstract template during the submission process.
- Please note the name of the presenting author on the on-line submission form.
- All tracks (including Solvay student, student poster, and student poster+10 minute presentation) require submitting through the abstract submission portal.
- One technical (podium) presentation per person will be allowed in the program.
- The corresponding author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission, and of all communications thereafter.
- All notifications regarding abstract status, including notifications regarding acceptance and scheduling will be sent to the corresponding author. The corresponding author will be responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
- The submission form will request the name, affiliation and email address of each co-author.
- Once completing the submission, a confirmation email will be sent to the corresponding author. You will be allowed to return to your submission to make corrections. Please refer to the submission ID in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- The scientific committee will review abstracts and determine if the abstract will be accepted for presentation.
- Full paper submissions MUST NOT EXCEED 20 pages in length.
Students may submit through the regular submission portal. They may also indicate that they wish their submission to be considered for:
- Solvay Student Paper Competition
- Poster + 10 minute presentation
- Poster only
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent to the corresponding author.
- Presenting authors must register and pay the conference fee before the submission will be scheduled for presentation and included in the printed program.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication.
- Upon submission, the corresponding author accepts that the content cannot be modified or corrected after a final deadline unless required by the scientific committee.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the authors’ consent to publication (e.g. symposium website, programs, etc.). The corresponding author warrants that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content. Exempt are authors who are direct employees of the U.S. Government (i.e., not U.S. Government contractors), whereby papers are not subject to copyright protection in the U.S.
- The organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
The following tracks are identified for the conference (others may be organized upon request):
- Adhesive Joints (Metallic and/or Composite Bonded Joints
- Armor and Protection
- Automotive Composites
- Bio-based Composites
- Biomimetic Composites
- Buckling and Post-Buckling of Composite Structures
- Certification by Virtual Testing
- Composite Layup Strategy Optimization for Manufacturability
- Composites in Extreme Environments
- Effects of Defects
- Environmental Effects
- Fatigue of Composites
- High Performance Hybrid Natural Fiber Composites
- ICME of Composites
- Impact Dynamic Response
- Model-based Design for Manufacturing
- Molecular Modeling of Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites
- Multifunctional Composites
- Nanostructured Composites
- NASA ACC Predictive Capabilities for Impact, PDA and AFP-FEM
- Next Generation Composites: Constituents and Microstructures
- Non-Traditional Laminate Applications in AFP Rate Optimization
- NTL-Based Aeroelastic Sizing for Manufacturing
- ONR-named Session – Nickerson
- Processing & Manufacturing
- Progressive Damage Analysis of Composites and Failure Prediction
- Recycling & Reuse
- Sandwich Composites
- Stochastic Modeling and Analysis of Composites
- Structural Health Monitoring of Composite Structures
- Test Methods
- Textile Composites
- General / Other
- Special Session Honoring the Contributions of Dr. T Kevin O’Brien, NASA Langley Research Center
- Solvay Student Competition
- Simulation Challenge
- Student Posters (General)
- Student Posters (Poster + 10 min. presentation)