You may need a release to:
- Videotape people
- Use photographs of people
As you create your work, remember that individuals have the right
to control how their image, likeness, voice or other identifying
characteristic is used. These are called personality rights and
may apply even if your use is non-commercial.
In determining the nature of the release, you should consider the
- How will the project be used initially?
- How might it be used in the future?
- Will the image be used to endorse a project?
- Will the image be used in a commercial venture?
TechTransfer Digital Ventures if you have questions on what type of a release
you need for your purpose.