Quality Health Information on the Web: A Tool KitFinding Health Information on MedlinePlus
How can we increase students' motivation to be physically active?
Use the directory to find information by health topic
- Go to MedlinePlus - www.medlineplus.gov
- Go to 'Health Topics'
- Go to 'Health and Wellness'
- Go to 'Fitness and Exercise'
- Go to "Exercise for Children"
- Look under the 'Basics', 'Learn More' and 'Research' section to find information on barriers to exercise, effective strategies, and resources like "Fitness for Kids Who Don't Like Sports" and "Motivating Kids to Be Active".
Each of these sections - Basics, Learn More, Multimedia & Cool Tools, Research, Reference Shelf, and For You - represents a consistent organizational theme that is used on every topic page in MedlinePlus. So whether you are interested in exercise, alcohol abuse, or injury prevention, it is easy to find the type of information you want.
What would you like to do next?