International student applications must be postmarked no later than September 15 each year. Domestic student applications need to be postmarked by October 15 each year. Accepted students must be available to begin the program mid-June of the following year.
All applicants must apply to the University of Washington Graduate School in addition to providing the following information to the Dance Program. We recommend that all applicants thoroughly review information here prior to submitting an application.
All aspects of the application are submitted online, including:
All applications are reviewed by a committee of Dance Program faculty. Following the review process, the committee will invite preferred candidates for a campus visit.
- Letter of interest and resume, outlining professional dance experience, reasons for seeking an MFA degree at the UW, and career expectations
- Performance link (maximum 30 minutes – website/vimeo/youtube) demonstrating a range of technical and performance accomplishments
The following are requirements for acceptance into the Dance MFA program:
University of Washington admissions information
- A baccalaureate
degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 8 years experience as a professional dancer (post high school)
- Professional-level performance ability at the time of application
- In-person interview and audition are required for preferred applicants
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required.
For additional information contact
Graduate Program Advisor
Graduate Program Coordinator
Program of Study