Our new online reservation system can be accessed by the following Dance Program users:
Faculty, Graduate Students, Visiting Instructors, and Dance Majors with valid UW NetIDs.
Firefox is the optimal web browser for accessing and viewing the calendars. If you are having trouble logging in, this is the first thing to try.
Dance Minors: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your reservation requests. Be sure to include your phone number and a brief description of your studio use.
User Instructions for Studio Reservations
1. Select the resource you wish to reserve.
2. Scroll through to the date of your desired reservation to be sure the resource is available.
3. Click New in the toolbar above the calendar.
4. Fill in the fields using the following specifications:
Enter the name of the individual responsible for the reservation. (note: if more than one person will be using the studio, please select just one person to be the responsible party.)
Enter the start and end time of your reservation so that it will appear on the calendar.
start time/end time
Re-enter the time range of your reservation in the appropriate fields, being sure to check the date.
Including your contact info will allow other users to contact you should there be a schedule conflict.
• rehearsal info
Entering info about your use of the studio is optional but maybe helpful to others.
5. If your reservation repeats in a consistent pattern, use the Recurrence field to reduce your data entry. Make sure to specify an end date or a number of occurrences and click the corresponding blue button.
6. Click OK then check the calendar to be certain your reservation is correct. Please check all dates for recurring reservations. If there are conflicting prior reservations, individual occurrences can be deleted or edited without deleting your entire recurring reservation.
Studio Reservation Guidelines
1. All users must be engaged in approved Dance Program activities.
2. Each user may reserve a studio for a maximum of 2 hours at a time, no more than twice a week. (exceptions: faculty and dance grads)
If you find you need more time, please contact Kelly at 543-9843 or email@example.com.
3. There is an order of priority for studio use - those lower on the priority list may be bumped if needed.
In case of conflict, it is the responsibility of the "bumper" to contact the "bumpee" at least 48 hours prior to the reservation.
The priority list is as follows:
- Dance Program classes and master classes
- Dance Program faculty and graduate students
- Choreographers working on a Dance Program Concert (not including DSA productions)
- Dance Program composition series classwork
- Dance majors (includes DSA productions)
- Dance minors (includes DSA productions)
- Dance Student Association workshops/events
If you need keys for evening, weekend, and holiday reservations, please see Risa or Kelly in Meany 256.
If you belong to one of the user categories above and are not able to access the site upon entering your UW NetID and password in Firefox,
please email Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list of users.
Please include the following information:
- UW NetID
- Dance Program Affiliation (note: you must have already declared your major in Dance to use this online reservation system.)