ChemE 545: Data Science Methods for Clean Energy Research & ChemE 546: Software Engineering for Molecular Data Scientists
A few open spots are available for non-DIRECT students from ChemE. Deadline to apply is November 12 at 5pm.
These spots are open to all grad students. More information on the courses is available here.
ChemE 545: Tuesday/Thursday 11:30am-12:50pm.
ChemE 546: Tuesday/Thursday 2:30-3:50pm.
Chemical Engineering also offers the Data Science Option.
Requirements are the following:
- Complete ChemE 545 & 546
- Complete one of the following approved courses in the area of data science, from the ChemE Advanced Data Science option (ADS) track or complete the DIRECT capstone project*:
- Data Management: CSE 544 or CSE 414.
- Machine Learning: CSE 546 or STAT 535 or CSE416/STAT416.
- Data Visualization: CSE 512 orCSE412.
- Statistics: STAT 509 or STAT 512-513.
- Additionally students must register for and attend at least four quarters of the following interdisciplinary and community seminars in order to further expand their education and exposure to a diverse range of research topics at the nexus of ChemE and DataScience:
- Clean Energy Institute Seminar
- eScience Community Seminar
- Molecular Engineering Institute Seminar
*Space in the DIRECT capstone project for non-DIRECT students will be decided based on availability of projects.
Space is limited. If interested, please fill out the short application below.
The committee will make a final decision and those students will be given add codes for the courses.