Computers for Student Use
Computers for students to access can be found in a variety of places around campus. Computers can be found in the following locations within the School of Drama buildings:
Hutchinson Hall (Click for map)
- Student Lounge - Room 116: Six PC computers for general use. Most have Microsoft Office, Adobe Master Collection, and Audacity installed.
- Costume Shop - Room 135: One computer for students in costuming classes, with printer.
- Drama Library - Room 145: A variety of computers provided by UW Libraries. These require a NetID for use. In addition, there is one computer with an attached scanner provided by the School of Drama for student use. Please ask library staff for the location of that computer.
- Design Studio - Room 155: Ten iMac computers for design use. All have Vectorworks, Adobe Master Collection, and Office software when booting to the Mac operating system and AutoCAD when booting to the PC operating system. These computers are located beside drafting tables, allowing for mixed-use. Printing is available to wide-format, color and B&W printers across the hall in Room 163. [Classes are periodically held in Room 155; check calendar posted on door for schedule].
- Computer Lounge - Room 163: One PC computer and one Mac computer, one wide-format (42") printer, one color printer, one B&W printer.
- Graduate Office - Room 303: Two computers and one printer, for use by School of Drama graduate students only.
Hughes Penthouse Theatre (map):
- Two Apple computers in editing room, each with Final Cut Pro. Check out required through Drama Office, 101 Hutchinson Hall (typical hours 10:00 AM to 12:00 and 1:00 to 4:00 PM).
Floyd and Delores Jones Playhouse Theatre (map)
- Green Room: One PC computer is provided for use by actors and crew.
Computers for Staff and Faculty
Faculty and staff are typically assigned specific computers to use, based on their need and the availability of School resources. Any additional needs can be requested through Drama IT Staff.
Equipment for Checkout
The School of Drama has a variety of equipment to enhance teaching, including:
- Digital projectors
- DVD and VCR players (with converters for most global formats)
- Digital Voice Recorder
- High Definition Video Cameras
- Lighting Equipment
If you are interested in checking out any of this equipment, contact the UW School of Drama Office. Checkout typically takes about 5 minutes for minimal paperwork and for staff to retrieve the equipment from storage. Please plan ahead and reserve the equipment to ensure availability. If you are unfamiliar with the equipment, you may pre-arrange a brief tutorial from Drama IT Staff.
Please do not show up moments before a class is to start, ask for equipment that you have never used before, which you have not reserved, then expect that it will be up and running in time for your class.