Maps for School of Drama Facilities
Hutch contains the School of Drama's administrative offices, Production Office, Costume Shop, acting studios, and the Undergraduate Cabaret Theatre. It was originally built to house the women's P.E. program.
Located at 3941 University Way, our scene shop is where stage sets are created for various productions. It is staffed by a group of talented professionals who assist students with scenic design projects.
Formerly located at 4005 University Way, the design studio has moved to the South wing of Hutchinson Hall, taking the space formerly occupied by a swimming pool and locker rooms.
The Floyd and Delores Jones Playhouse
The Playhouse, which started life as a tile warehouse and became a theater in 1930, re-opened in October 2009 after undergoing a major renovation that made it safer and more useful to the University's School of Drama and our patrons.
More information is on our "Support the Playhouse" page.
Glenn Hughes Penthouse Theatre
Built in the 1930s, the now famous Penthouse Theatre was the first theater-in-the-round constructed in the United States. It is used for many School of Drama classes and performances and is located near Hutchinson Hall.
Meany Studio Theatre
The current building, completed in 1975, has a 1,212-seat theater; a smaller theater that seats up to 300; full facilities for the dance program; an orchestra rehearsal room; and other facilities. The Studio Theatre is located on the East side of the building (the Red Square side) and down the outside stairs.
For help in locating other campus facilities, please see the UW's main map page.