In The News
Fall 2009 - Summer 2010
- MFA in Acting alum Marya Sea Kaminski wins Stranger's Genius Award for Theater
(The Stranger, August 5, 2010)
- Pool becomes a drama design studio -- a new life for part of Hutchinson Hall.
(University Week, August 5, 2010)
- The UW Drama collective Pontlevoy presents ITHACA I'LL NEVER SEE (PDF file) as part of KABARET KANTOR at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, August 24-30.
Directed by Andrew Tsao in collaboration with Andrea Cusumano.
- U-Dubber Night's Dream - "A UW-Inspired Shakespearean Romp"
(A&S Perspectives, May 2010)
- Samer Al-Saber
Third year Ph. D. student, has received the prestigious
Chester Fritz Fellowship for International Study and Exchange
for the 2010-11 academic year.
- Bat Boy: The Musical
Get ready for a real scream...
(University Week, April 22, 2010)
What's in a word? More than you think...
(University Week, April 15, 2010)
- Graduating MFA Acting students perform
"Untying my Cement Shoes" in Ballard, March 12-14.
- Doctoral candidate Lisa Jackson-Schebetta
co-directs 'El Gesticulador' (The Impostor) to be performed in Spanish
at Ethnic Cultural Theatre March 13-14.
- Allison Leach
Aluminaries: Allison Leach, '00, Dressed for Success
is working as costume designer and stylist in theater, opera, dance, film, TV, commercials and video games.
(Columns March 2010)
- New Center for Performance Studies seeks to make most out of lean times.
(University Week, March 4, 2010)
- Val Mayse
Corsets: Handmade, Manmade and Man-worn
Costume students visit the Henry Art Gallery's costumes and textile collection, then make and model their own corsets. Article from Hankblog, the Henry Gallery's blog.
- Stand witness to School of Drama's 'The Last Days of Judas Iscariot'
(University Week, January 21, 2010)
- Celebrate 80 years of the Playhouse - March 13, 2010.
- School of Drama Takes Time to Make Positive Changes (opens PDF file). Press release regarding the UW School of Drama's decision to put some MFA programs on hiatus during the 2010-2011 academic year.
See also the University Week article
and Seattle Times report.
- References to Salvador Dali Make Me Hot
A soldier and his wife at the center of School of Drama's new production
(University Week article, November 19, 2009)
- Burke Walker
Preview of the Tempest
(University Week article, October 22, 2009)
Empty Space founder and UW alum Burke Walker directs 'The Tempest' in renovated Jones Playhouse
- Act III for the Jones Playhouse - (A&S Perspectives, September 2009) History of the Playhouse theatre and its renovation.