Hepatology - Guidelines for Patients
Hepatologists are physicians who specialize in the care of people with liver disease.
We are specialists and therefore do require a written referral from your primary care provider. Please call your primary care provider and ask for a written referral for services in hepatology at the University of Washington. We are unable to accept self-referrals. Due to the large number of people referred, our current waiting time for a clinic appointment is 4 months.
- Important Telephone Numbers
- New patients only: 206-598-4886
- Return/follow-up patient appointments: 206-598-4615
- Hepatitis Information Line: 206-221-4655
- Other Resources
The following information is a current brief summary of available resources regarding hepatitis C virus. There are several links to other sites included in the web sites.
- Hepatology Website: http://depts.washington.edu/uwhep/
- UW Gastroenterology Website: http://www.uwgi.washington.edu/
- American Liver Foundation: 1-800-223-0179
- Hepatitis Hotline: 1-888-4-HEP-ABC or 1-888-443-7222
- If you would like a UW Physician
We are unable to provide primary care services, such as immunizations, routine check-ups, medication refills, etc. Please call your primary care provider for these needs. If you do not have a primary care provider, and would like one within the university system, please call: 1-888-4-UW-DOCS or 1-888-489-3627.
©Copyright 2000 University of Washington. All rights reserved